Saturday, November 17, 2007

Annual Dinner

Last week I went to the Annual Dinner of the company I worked at Mandarin Oriental which is situated at the heart of Kuala Lumpur and just next to the Petronas Twin Towers. It was a wet evening as it has rained before. The theme for the Annual Dinner this year was 'Traditional Night' in which the employees can wear varieties of traditional attire by different races in Malaysia. Obviously, a lot of people are not that interested in wearing traditional clothes and most wore modern attires like dress, gowns and so on. I was one of them too as I wore a dress this time.

The banquet hall of the 5 star hotel was beautifully decorated but it was kinda difficult to snap photos of the hall because of the dim lighting. I sat together with my colleagues at this table for 10 person and had course dinner.

As usual the Annual Dinner was kinda boring as there's not much activity involved apart from the lucky draws, some speech from the top management people, lousy fashion and dance shows. The best part was when this famous Malaysian comedian took over the stage with his extremely funny jokes. The food was much better compared to last year's dinner at KLCC. The dinner ended at around 11p.m and it was dancing time. The deejays started to spin some cool dance track but most of the people had already left the venue. I had photos taken with my fellow colleagues before we left. I won't say that I had a real blast at the dinner but still, I had spent some great time with my fellow colleagues as most of us don't hang out that much together.











No comments: